A Praying Mantis Accounts - Part II
by Jim G.

Posted May 16, 2004

In August-September, 2003 UFO*BC exchanged a series of communications with Jim G. from a small town on the outskirts of London, UK. (See: Praying Mantis Account Part I).

Since that article was posted, Jim has been inundated with more experiences. We are grateful that he has updated us and wish him the best for dealing with these encounters. As of this writing (May 16, 2004), they have subsided and hopefully for Jim's sake, it will stay this way.

Jim has impressive abilities of recalling a high degree of detail from his encounters as well as depicting them with high quality artwork.

If you have any questions or comments for Jim, you may send an e-mail to: e-martin.gif (1159 bytes)
and I will pass it onto him. Please mention "Praying Mantis" in you subject line.

Martin Jasek


I'd like to keep you informed and up to date with what been happening to me recently, including what I class as a major incident that happened on January the 16th 2004 involving another class of 'entity/alien'.

At first, I really only wanted to mention what happened on the 16th. But, as I started to write it, I felt that it was important to mention everything that previously happened. I'm so busy in my life I try my best to ignore these 'incidents' and carry on. I don't know what's going on but can assure you these aren't dreams, something real is happening to me and I want this information out in the public domain.

Typical Scenario

This happens about twice a week (but can stop completely for say a month, if I'm lucky).

A typical scenario would start with me lying in bed and just as I'm about to fall asleep, I'd hear a high pitched clicking sound inside my head.

With in a few minutes I'd hear the same sound again but this time it would be INSIDE my bedroom.

It's like its a warning to 'someone' that I'll soon be asleep, because as soon as I hear it, I know, that with-in the next ten minutes I'll be completely knocked out.

Before I pass out though, through half shut eyes, I'd see a reddish glow appear on my far wall, followed by shadowy movements of tall figures coming out of the light towards me.

I always try my best to fight it and stay conscious but it never works and I always lose consciousness.

The next day I'd feel completely exhausted. My whole body would ache all over as though it had been through a major operation. Sometimes my body would be covered in bruises, like in August 2003 when I woke up to find five separate bruises on the inner thigh of my right leg.

bruisesonLegV3.jpg (12489 bytes)
Drawing by Jim of bruise pattern on the inside of his thigh.

The bruises made up a wide spreading imprint in the shape of a huge hand. The night before I specifically checked my body for markings (to get one bruise while asleep I'm sure is not unusual but to get five in one night on one leg is). I'm the first to admit that by itself, it's not strong enough as evidence but considering recent events I think it's worth mentioning.

A Standoff with a cloaked being

One of the more significant incidents happened on November the 10th, 2003.

For the sake of my own sanity more than anything, I was convinced that I could get some solid evidence. The plan was simple; grab something off one of the Beings.

On the 10th at around about 3:00 am in the morning, I was lying in my bed, half-asleep, when I heard a noise in my bedroom. It like 'someone' was stealthily walking across my bedroom carpet. I pretended to be asleep and waited.

A few seconds later, I heard the noise again; this time there was no mistaking it, there was definitely something walking towards me.

I waited a little longer then jumped out of my bed. Everything went into slow motion. As my quilt went flying across the room, before I even landed, something squealed! (In surprise?) I can only describe it as like a high-pitched electronic pig squeal!

The 'something' ran away from me at high speed, knocking into some small storage boxes on the floor. This was no dream, something solid was moving in my room.

I landed on my feet and put my arms up into a fighting position, but it was so dark my eyes could barely adjust to the darkness. I could just make out a humanoid figure wearing a dark bluish cloak running at towards the back of the corridor part of my bedroom. Like with the 'first incident' my thoughts when into overdrive.

I couldn't believe what was happening! One part of me thought about the plan of grabbing it but I immediately thought to myself, "I'm not touching it!" (I really didn't expect to see anything!)

Besides even if I did grab something off it, what would I do? Run outside in the street screaming? I mean, how far would I get before the aliens would stop me anyway.

Part of me couldn't take in what was happening, while another part of my brain was assessing the situation.

I kept my eyes firmly on the cloaked being, which was in a hunched position, staring back at me from the far side of the corridor.

It was between 4-5 foot tall and wearing a dark hooded robe which looked as if it was covered in a purple-bluish energy (liquid in appearance).

Bizarrely, and I've no explanation for it, on the outside I was totally calm, even though I was essentially in a Mexican stand-off with a hooded alien.

It was smaller than me and it just didn't feel right to jump on it and pound its head in.

I can't fight anyone unless they attack me first and I was in a good position if it did decide to attack me.

So I relaxed as much as I could and changed my hands from clenched fists to open palms.

I said as calmly as possible; "I'm not going to fight you"

I waited for a response.

No reply.

I then asked, "What are you?"

Again no reply, It's Hooded head was pointing in my direction and I could barely just make out two reddish eyes.

redeyes.jpg (10958 bytes)
Drawing by Jim depicting the red glowing eyes during the "stand-off".

My own eyes were still trying to adjust to the night but there was no doubt it was there.

The being then got up, ignored me, turned and walked INTO and through the wall!

As it disappeared from sight, it looked up at me from beneath its hood. I could clearly see two reddish-blackish eyes stare at me.

It freaks me just thinking about it. I will never forget them, they where unblinking metallic and completely emotionless.

It was then that the shock hit me. I sat down on my bed, thinking about the strangeness of it all. What could I do?

I didn't go back to sleep but stayed up all night constantly questioning what had just occurred. I took the next day off sick. I felt drained.

I can't say for sure, but I think it was the cloaked being that I saw with the praying mantis alien that I reported in my first incident but I'm not sure.

I made an image so you can get an idea of what it looked like. I wouldn't say it's completely accurate but it does definitely capture the eerie unemotional gaze of the red eyes.

Also at that time, as you can imagine, for a long time I was still in shock.

It hits you hard, it took me a long time to report the first mantis incident and come to terms with it.

Looking back on it, this seemed to be the catalyst for the increased alien activities that happened afterward.

After this incident, for several weeks I slept with a side lamp on, but ended up not being able to sleep so I now just use a small light by the side of my bed.

The Tall Praying Mantis Being appears again

On December the 18th I was staying at my brother's house. He lives a few miles away. I slept in the spare bedroom, which is adjacent to the neighbour's side. The walls are really thin, so thin that you can hear the individual words in the neighbour's conversation. I was so tired; I fell asleep at around 12:30 pm.

Without any warning I found myself wide-awake and completely unable to move! The clicking sound was continually screeching in my head. I screamed out " AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH! What the HELL IS going on!" (And please include every swear word you know). No sound came out from my mouth.

With every muscle I could muster, I pushed myself up on my side and turned my head to the bottom of the bed.

Standing before me was a tall Mantis-like being! The same mantis being I had seen before. This wasn't like the short cloaked being I saw before, the terror I felt upon seeing this sight was completely overwhelming. The only way I can describe it is, it feels like waves of fear washing over you.

I'm having trouble writing this, just recounting it is tough.

It was wearing a long dark robe. It was about seven plus feet tall and vaguely humanoid-ish. The body was extremely bony and skinny with a long black snake-like neck. It's head was grayish blackish and triangular in shape reminding me of a skull. The eyes were bulbous, black and rounded with a liquid-like appearance. In fact, it seemed to me, everything on the mantis was liquidly looking, like oil shimmering in the sun.

The arms were extremely long with multiple joints extending out in a messiah pose. The forearms were bent forward longer than the rest of the arm.

This really is a living nightmare,

It's the head and arms that give it the appearance of a praying mantis and unlike the first time I met this type of alien, I got a really good look at it, which gave me enough detail to make an image.

mantispencildrawing.jpg (32569 bytes)
Jim's pencil drawing of Praying Mantis from his encounter on December 18, 2003.

mantis at nightv2.jpg (22592 bytes)
Jim's colour artwork of Praying Mantis from his encounter on December 18, 2003.

As soon as it noticed me, the mantis, with extreme speed, extended huge bony legs from beneath its robe and ran directly into and through the wall!

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but it's feet made a clunking sound at it ran across the floor confirming this was a solid object moving through the room!

As it ran through, I could see a strange red glow where it's body had come in contact with the wall. At the same time, a door to a built in wardrobe on the same wall, rattled loudly as if it was hit by some kind of an energy field.

All this happened in only a few seconds, maybe even shorter. But I got a damn good look at this thing.

At this point the neighbour from next door shouted "Oi! What's going on?"

The way this skeletal alien moved was jerky and fast, like a huge scuttling beetle.

I was completely speechless; so many mixed emotions came at once; I was in awe, I was tired, shocked, confused and scared but also relieved I wasn't dead. This is how intense these incidents are.

I mean, it could have easily killed me; nobody would ever know and it's not as if the police are going to find my body and reach the 'logical' conclusion that "yep he was killed by an alien."

It made me think, "How many people if any, have been killed by aliens?"

This did not feel like a peaceful encounter, I woke up into a nightmare.

I checked the time it was roughly 2:45 a.m. As you can imagine, I stayed up for the rest of the night unable to go back to sleep.

The next day I tried to ask my brother if he noticed anything strange last night? He said he didn't notice anything. I didn't mention the mantis being.

I'm not stupid. Most people if you told them wouldn't believe you or worse would think you're crazy.

A New Short Mantis/Fly-Head Alien

All was quiet until the 16th of January 2004. Although I'm convinced things have happened while I've been asleep. This is the one I originally only wanted to report.

In the middle of the night I suddenly found myself wide-awake. A loud buzzing sound filled my ears. I was curled up on my bed in a fetal position facing the closest wall. I felt a force push on the back of my head. I wouldn't say it hurt exactly but it was extremely uncomfortable.

Again, I heard the loud clicking sound in my head. This time it panned from my right ear to the left.

I really hate that sound.

I looked at my arm; it was covered in a bluish-purplish pulsating energy.

My brain tried to make sense of the situation and search for a rational explanation.

I couldn't move my legs or arms. I found I could just about move my head,

Some how I managed to break free and used all my effort to turn around.

Standing before me in the centre of my bedroom was some kind of short humanoid creature, with a large mantis/fly looking head.

A beam of energy was coming from the alien to me.

Thousands of thoughts entered my head at the same time.

"That's not supposed to be there, what is that? Why don't I feel scared?"

"Can I fight it? I can't move?"

"This isn't a dream!"

I felt I had known this being all my life. I also felt that I'd been manipulated into feeling this.

I then heard a slow deep voice, almost overwriting all my other thoughts. It seemed to be communicating telepathically.

It 'said' in an abrupt manner "NOW, DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"

"YES" I found myself answering, but I've no idea why I said it because I didn't understand. I didn't understand any of this.

"GOOD" It replied.

I turned my head back towards the wall and shut my eyes. The buzzing sound stopped and I felt extremely tired. I collapsed and lost consciousness.

But I got a good look at this thing. The creature was humanoid and 5 foot 5 inches or 1 meter 40 cm tall. I made a mental note where it's head came up on my wardrobe and measured it the next day.

Its head was huge in relation to its body. Its eyes were extremely large, shiny, insect-like and were supported by big sockets. My first impressions were that it looked like a cross between a praying mantis and a fly. This Being did not look like the tall praying mantis beings (I actually looked to see if I could see its arms, to see if they were bent like a praying mantis, but the arms were hidden by a dark black cloak) Again the Being appeared to be surrounded by a bluish purplish energy.

mantisflyheadatnight.jpg (33435 bytes)
Illustration by Jim of Mantis/Fly-Head type alien he encountered on January 16, 2004.

In the centre of it's cloak was a golden badge. I was more preoccupied with getting a description of the alien but there was definitely a design or symbol on it I just couldn't make it out.

I looked closer at its head; it had two protrusions between the eyes and a mass of protrusions where a mouth would normally be. All at the same time another part of my brain was thinking, "what does it eat? What evolutionary path did it take?" It reminded me of a moustache, giving it a vaguely comic look but trust me; the overall look was one of menace. (That is why I've included two images, one to show the details and the darker one so you can get a sense of what it's like to actually wake up and see one of these things)

mantisflyheaddetail.jpg (35118 bytes)
Pencil drawing by Jim showing details of facial features of Mantis Fly-Head type alien he encountered on January 16, 2004.

I was left feeling mixed emotions; I was feeling scared and again I was also feeling relieved that they had tried to communicate with me and weren't going to kill me (like I felt with the first incident). This was the first time they had tried a communication.

I kept thinking, what did they/it mean, "Now do I understand?" (It sounded like a command not a question) I also felt relieved; that at least, I knew with-in myself I wasn't going mad.

The next day I woke up like my body had been through hell and back.

Cloaked Being

Just as I'm trying to come to term with this, on Saturday the 13th of March 2004, I woke up to see a cloaked Being standing in the centre of my room.

It had the same shape as the short fly-head/mantis thing (but I couldn't say for certain). I heard a "Popping" sound and the Being quickly disappeared. Again, I wouldn't have mentioned before because I didn't get a good look at what it was, but I think the sound could be of importance.

Two tall Mantis-types

The latest incident happened on Sunday the 14th of March 2004, this time I woke up to see TWO of the tall praying mantis types standing in the middle of my room. The perspective I was seeing them was from the opposite position of the bed I had gone to sleep in.

They looked as if they were engaged in a conversation; making high-pitched (almost digital) clicking sounds at each other. I was too tired to be afraid so I just concentrated on making a mental description, cross checking it with the ones I'd seen before.

Both were extremely thin and tall, well over seven feet high. One was slightly taller than the other.

Their necks are long, flexible and tube-like and don't look strong enough to support the triangular heads (It was as if the head was floating while the neck followed in a smooth but jerky fashion).

The neck and head moved in a way that reminded me of the old stop-motion monster films or like a lizard, (quick fast pause, quick fast pause)

Both were wearing long black robes that again looked like liquid oil.

On the side of the face I could clearly see a small round hole just below their eyes.

I felt completely drained and couldn't move. I tried to move. I tried to get up but just couldn't move. I just had time to think "Bastards" before slipping back into unconsciousness.

closeupofmantis.jpg (31403 bytes)

Artwork by Jim G. of Mantis type alien. On this occasion, Jim noticed a small hole just below the eye as depicted above.


I really would like some answers; somebody somewhere must know this is going on.

I'm not involved with any abductee groups and haven't had any hypnosis sessions etc.; everything I've written is from memory alone. I don't want to be patronized by theories of lucid dreaming, sleep paralysis and fantasy prone personality. I know the difference between a dream and something solid in 3-D space. I think it's pretty obvious by now that UFOs are real so lets get information on whose flying them and what they want. All this started to happen after I saw the UFO (a ball of light) above my house in 1996. I had another UFO sighting (see below) in 1997.

jim-ufo-1997-s.jpg (40523 bytes)
Jim's UFO sighting in 1997. "The two spheres rotating around each other flew over my house, I had just enough time to see it before they disappeared over the horizon."

I can say that this is real, this is happening and I don't like it, don't need it and don't want it. I could really do with out any of this in my life.

I want it to stop. I've pleaded with them to leave me alone.

The fear and trauma I've experienced is getting too much. I'm dealing with it because I've got no choice

I don't know what's going on or what they want.

I reckon I've confused them. I feel they're confused on why I wake up during certain 'medical operations' and on my reaction to the red eyed cloaked being.

It seems to happen in phases, I try to avoid sleeping between two and four in the morning, but obviously I don't keep it up for too long so end up falling asleep and that's when they come. I do feel that I've got an Implant and I feel like it acts like a monitoring device, to what extent I can't say.

I'm not writing this to convince skeptics. I'm doing this for other abductees to show they're not mad and for UFO/Alien investigators to get a better insight. The only thing I'm proud about out of all of this is my recall; I'm trying to be as good a witness as I can be.

I feel frustrated because this should be major news, but I know, that if I went public with this, most people wouldn't take it seriously. And to me this is one of the worst aspects; knowing this is happening but knowing that the majority of people won't believe you.

Thank you

Jim G.

This story continues - See Praying Mantis Account - Part III

If you have any questions or comments for Jim, you may send an e-mail to:
e-martin.gif (1159 bytes)
and I will pass it onto him. Please mention "Praying Mantis" in you subject line.

Martin Jasek


Hit Counter